Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Food Friday : Tinomok





















My favorite comfort food from Gerry's Grill. It is a bicolano dish. My tita, who is a bicolana, cooks a really mean tinomok. Her version is really good because she uses the coco juice (instead of water) to get the 2nd extract of the coco milk to give a hint of sweetness to the sauce. She also uses pure ground shrimp. Gerry's version however, has ground pork. Tinomok is made up of ground shrimp (and pork), wrapped in gabi leaves and cooked in coconut milk.

Definitely a must try!


8 comments:

  1. that looks really good! i agree about using coco juice instead of water. iba talaga yung lasa. mas masarap. :)

    thanks for playing again, Bem
    Happy FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the same as the pinangat dish? I love anything with gata!

    My Food Friday entries are here and here. Happy weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried tinomok yet, i hope i can try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I love anything with cocomilk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. next visit namin sa gerry's I will try this :)

    happy weekend Bem

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think i'll try this next time. my favorite at gerry's is sisig and sizzling beef spare ribs. pampapabata!

    (kagutom tuloy..)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time ko tong narinig. Spicy rin ba to?

    ReplyDelete
  8. FOODIEJENN, i'm not familiar with pinangat.

    RICO, not very spicy, just a hint lang.

    ReplyDelete