Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Food Friday : Roast Beef























Our dinner few days ago served ala Pancake style. Roast beef with mushroom sauce on top of a bread with mashed potato on the side. Maybe it will take a while before I'll cook this again. Or beef for that matter. What with the high cost of LPG now. I don't want to waste money on gas just for tenderizing the meat. It took me several hours before the meat became tender! Gah! Which reminds me, we need to buy pugon for that purpose. Why not a pressure cooker? Well, I have a phobia in using one. I once saw how it exploded in my cousin's kitchen. Takot ako!

7 comments:

  1. that looks sooo good! meron na daw mga high-tech na pressure cooker these days ... watched it once at Asian Food Channel. :)

    thanks for playing again, Bem!
    Happy FF

    ps. got a tag for you, here. Hope it's ok.
    Happy Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so delicious, ummm, i'm hungry na!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i have a the same fear from pressure cooker. my mom uses a cast iron pugon with charcoal for tenderizing meat. it's not as matipid as we thought it would be, mahal din pala ang uling. but kung pampalambot lang, ok na rin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can cook the beef with lots of onions or some kiwi to tenderize it faster without much use of gas...takot din ako sa pressure cooker. My mom once cooked munggo in it, ayun nasa kisam lahat! hihihi.

    Your dish looks so juicy and tasty! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually like steak ala-Pancake House.
    Sometimes, braising is really the right way to go when you like tender, succulent dishes. Di na baleng matagal, I mean that looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had roast beef just last week! Yummy...hmmm having a pressure cooker can save you time and money but it is scary if it explodes. the trick here is to open it ONLY when it's not hot because this is a sign that the pressure inside the cooker has gone down.. :) My hubby always uses a pressure cooker when he makes Balbacua...

    Serving my Valentine's Day themed Food Friday here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid of pressure cookers too, so nung unang lumabas yung lagostina, buy kaagad ako, ayun, butas ang bulsa ko. but it's really safe to use.

    the roast beef looks so yum yum.

    ReplyDelete