Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

chicken pandan




















Delicious dish inspired by the recipe I saw over at bahay-bahayan. My search is over for the best chicken pandan recipe. Thanks Rico for sharing. Though I was not able to use cilantro, and was not able to marinate it overnight, it still tasted goooood! Instead of wansuy, I used chopped ginger, and added pandan to the marinade and used it, with some water, to steam the chicken. My angel went to the corner store, several houses away from us, to buy something, and heard someone said "ang bango naman ng niluluto". :D Winner!

For the sauce, because i'm not fond of "maaanghang" I combined sugar, water, patis and seasoning. Great combination too, I tell you.

Tip: I had a hard time wrapping each piece, until finally, with 2 pieces left, I figured how to wrap it - wrap a piece of chicken in 2 pieces of inter-locking pandan leaves. If this fails, you can always use the handy toothpick to secure the leaves :D

8 comments:

  1. i love this dish! we usually buy it from the grocery and have not tried making it from scratch.

    sarap ng, bango pa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always enjoy this dish at a Thai restaurant in Cebu, Krua Thai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this yt but it looks so yummy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always order this in Banana Leaf. I was thinking of toothpicks too of how to go about wrapping the chicken parts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chicken pandan. I love the aroma and the flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! This has become a staple in our house. Great add-ons too! We'll try it your way next time too. I'll show this post to my wife :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *drool* i'm sooo inggit! ^-^
    that looks yummy bem!

    ReplyDelete